Avensure & HR24 offer free HR/Employment law seminar
On Thursday 7th December 2017 at the Aztec Hotel & Spa in Bristol, Avensure and HR24, a website providing employers/Directors with free information, advice and guidance, are hosting an informative, interactive and commercially focused HR/Employment law seminar.
Delivered by expert speakers, this brief but valuable event will help improve the way you run your business by providing you with the knowledge and advice to resolve any employee issue.
The business critical areas of discussion on the day will include:
- Directors responsibilities – getting it right first time
- Contracts of employment –how to get them to work for you
- Absenteeism – handling suspected ‘sickies’, persistent lateness, controlling flexible workers
- Conduct v Capability – won’t do, can’t do! Understand the differences and handle correctly!
- GDPR (replacing the data protection act in May 2018) – make sure you comply and avoid heavy fines!
- Health & Safety – gain structured advice about your health & safety responsibilities
The event is particularly relevant since, on the 26th July 2017, the Supreme Court decided that employment tribunal fees were unlawful, meaning employees can now take their employers to court for no charge. With a rise in tribunal claims already being reported, it is now more important than ever that you have up-to-date compliant contracts, policies and procedures in place.
The event is free of charge to attend, however free places are limited. CPD certificates are also available upon request after you have attended this event.
To book your place, you can send an email to Colin Bowyer, Avensure Employment Law Co-ordinator at ColinBowyer@avensure.com
For more info, please contact 0330 995 0360.