Conference ‘Sustainable and circular bioeconomy, the European way’ – Highlights
On 22 October 2018, the European Commission hosted the conference ‘Sustainable and circular bioeconomy, the European way.’
The conference focused on the need to have a sustainable and circular bioeconomy to enhance the transition in a changed EU policy context and towards a new environmental, social and economic reality. It also set the scene for the start of the discussion about synergetic actions across different priority areas:
- support strategic research and innovation, and strengthen support for education and training,
- upscale the bio-based sectors, mobilise investments, support the creation of markets, develop better monitoring,
- encourage the adoption, update and coherence of national and regional Bioeconomy Strategies throughout Europe with citizens engagement,
- strengthen the understanding and resilience of land and sea ecosystems,
- monitoring and assessment of bioeconomy development
The full speech by Carlos Moedas, Commissioner of Research, Science and Innovation, is available here.
TTF Members can also find a detailed report of the event by Cei-Bois here.