The West family, for as long as anyone can remember, has been involved with timber. In the middle 19th century, they were journeyman sawmillers, felling timber and sawing from a pit in the woods where the timber was cut. Earliest company records are dated in 1865, and started trading, as W. L. West & Sons, on a site in Midhurst in the 1930’s. Mechanisation over the years progressed through steam powered engines and belt driven saws to a fully modern sawmill. The company was incorporated in 1957 as a limited company. In 1986, the Company moved to a much larger twelve acre site at Selham, Petworth to purpose built sawmills, factory and kilns. We have over 50,000ft² of drying sheds hold stocks of air-dried and kiln-dried timbers. With machinery to Cut, Plane, Mould and CNC cut, the business can meet most challenges it faces. Our fencing Division - PRO Fencing is a substantial part of the business and can meet most fencing and gate requirements. It is pleasing that the business is still firmly in family hands, with three of Walter Luke West's grandchildren and four of his great-grandchildren involved in the business.