Latest Monthly Report
Demand for timber and panel products in Q1 2021 was at its highest since the previous high for a first quarter in 2007. Just short of 3 million m3 for the quarter, volume was 23% higher than in Q1 2020.
When comparing January-March 2021 with January-March 2020, the statistics revealed that among the individual product categories:
– Softwood imports rose by + 31.0%% (1,894,000m3).
– Hardwood imports decreased by – 7.2% (117,000m3).
– All plywood imports grew by + 10.0% (426,000m3).
– Particleboard imports fell by – 7.1% (159,000m3).
– OSB imports rose by + 74.1%% (141,000m3).
– MDF import volumes increased by +9.3% (202,000m3)
Exclusively to TTF members, the full monthly report highlights the stories behind these statistics, including a focus on panel product imports over the last five years.